compensation: Salary will be in the $40s. employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, a highly successful Carrboro-based company with operations throughout the US, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable candidate to assume key role on its Accounting team. The company is experiencing exponential growth, and seeks a candidate who will bring the entrepreneurialism and flexibility to thrive in this emerging environment.
Key Things to Note:
• This Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting and assists in a wide range of duties including Billing, AP, Bank Rec's and Payroll. Seek versatile candidate who enjoys the juggling and exposure.
• The company works in 35 states, and processes Payroll for employees throughout. Familiarity with multi-state Payroll processing, including tax returns and reconciliations, will be important.
• The company provides dental support and staffing services to hundreds of clients, including many government agencies. Familiarity with government contracts and compliance would be valuable (but not required).
• The company employs Excel for many analyses and reports. Advanced Excel is required.
Specific duties will include:
• Calculate and process client Billings, based on staff hours worked and contract requirements.
• Review and apply cash receipts against Accounts Receivable balances.
• Process Account Payables ensuring accurate coding and initiating payments.
• Process tax payments for a large number of states and record payments and deposits.
• Perform reconciliations of bank accounts and credit card statements.
• Process withholding and unemployment reconciliations for a variety of states.
• Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and some exposure to the tasks noted above. Other priorities include:
• Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Billing, Bank Reconciliations, etc.
• Familiarity with multi-state Payroll processing, include withholding and unemployment filings (Forms 940, 941, NC-5, etc.)
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong compliance orientation
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
• Advanced Excel; SAGE a desirable plus
• Any familiarity with dental offices would be a plus
Further and critically, we seek a highly motivated and self-directed candidate who will work exceedingly well in this fast-paced, highly dynamic setting. Things change daily, as the company continues to grow. Seek candidate who can "go with the flow" and contribute broadly.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Salary will be in the $40s.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers