compensation: Negotiable, based on experience
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Housing Management Resources (HMR) is a "Boston Globe Top Places to Work" Property Management company focused on the management of affordable housing communities. We are actively seeking a Senior Property Manager to join our team in our exciting and ever growing southern Portfolio.
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager to lead our apartment communities around Raleigh, NC. As Portfolio Manager you will manage relationships with your team and residents, which means you need to be a focused, proactive self-starter, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will be responsible for all aspects for property operations, including leadership, leasing, compliance, and management of maintenance department. Above all, you will ensure that your communities are functioning at the peak of efficiency and in line with our mission statement and core values.
To successfully fulfill your role as Portfolio Manager, you should expect to perform the following duties:
- Provide supervision and leadership to Property Managers
- Provide motivation, direction, review, and feedback of assigned tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that all HMR policies and procedures are implemented at all properties in the region
- Ensure that the annual budgets are prepared timely and accurately prior to presenting and reviewing them with Senior Management
- Monitor properties' cash flow, reviews projections at least monthly, and recommends appropriate actions to Senior Management
- Responsible for ensuring that residents are satisfied with the service provided by the company; works with the Property Mangers to promote effective customer relations and implement resident retention programs
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and professional development of the Property Managers and in the portfolio
- Frequent travel to sites and other business related travel
Portfolio Manager desired qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years Property Management experience required
- Problem solving, project management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of HUD and LIHTC programs and requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Fair Housing regulations
- Previous Supervisory experience and excellent interpersonal skills
Working with HMR means being a part of something bigger than yourself. As an HMR Employee you are incorporated into an inspiring company that is continuously working towards providing high-quality, affordable housing that strengthens our communities. HMR employees pride themselves to leading by our IREACH core values every day; Integrity, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, Commitment and Harmony.
We are committed to ensuring diversity in its workforce and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE