compensation: $35.00 to $50.00 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience of each candidate employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LGS is currently hiring people to help with the Hurricane Florence Recovery.
Specifically we are looking for bright minds who have the following: (1) a background in Accounting, Finance or related field; (2) experience working on a program or project; and (3) experience with disaster recovery projects or FEMA-funded projects.
The two main positions needed are: Project Accountant or Project Controls Specialist
Project Accountant: This position requires you to have at least three years of related experience as a Project Accountant administering multiple projects of varying sizes. Potential candidate should have the ability to provide financial oversight and support on a fast-paced project. Ensure the following: (1) that the current budget reflects approved as-sold contract margin plus all client approved changes; (2) all incurred costs are reflected accurately and in a timely manner on the project; and (3) that financial reporting for pending change orders are reflected correctly in APIC, and appropriate approvals and documentation are in place for Revenue at Risk. In addition to strong communication skills, one must have the understanding in commercial and billing requirements of the projects; ensure project set up accurately reflects proper billing requirements. The right candidate should be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Engage in regular meetings with project managers and/or project delivery teams on the status of projects
• Participate in project review preparation, execution, and follow up
• Assist project manager with the preparation and update of the EAC
• Ensure that the current budget reflects approved as-sold contract margin plus all client approved changes
• Ensure all incurred costs are reflected accurately and in a timely manner on the project
• Ensure that financial reporting for pending change orders are reflected correctly in APIC, and appropriate approvals and documentation are in place for Revenue at Risk
• Work proactively with project managers to monitor and correct project financial issues in such as % complete> 100%, BIEE adjustments, cash> contract value and others issues as they occur
• Support Project Management team in Oracle and APIC system understanding
• Understand month end events to ensure they are prepared completely and processed accurately and timely
• Understand the commercial and billing requirements of the projects; ensure project set up accurately reflects proper billing requirements
• Strong Excel and Microsoft products skills
• Associate's Degree
• 3+ years of related experience as a Project Accountant administering multiple projects of varying sizes
Project Controls Specialist: This position requires you to have some familiarity with cost engineering methods. Potential candidate should have the ability to maintain detailed schedules, ensure adherence to quality standards and maintain policies and procedures. In addition to strong communication skills, one must have experience in the identification, monitoring and reporting of project risks. The right candidate should be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Further, experience with disaster recovery projects or FEMA-funded projects is preferable.
• Establish project budgets from proposal estimate, track committed costs, and forecast remaining costs for engineering, equipment procurement, and construction subcontracts
• Develop and maintain a detailed cost control system
• Perform analytical reviews and checks of cost reporting documentation, and present cost status and forecast updates
• Review expenditure details, identifying incorrect charges, and commencement of the charge correction process
• Responsible for project contingency and revenue allocation and planning
• Analyze, evaluate and forecast the current project status against the baseline schedule, assessing the impacts of design or construction changes to the schedule
• Provide schedule coordination with project management, engineering, procurement, construction, and external clients
• Timely create and maintain project cost report & report project performance using earned value analysis
• Prepare and submit monthly reports for internal and external clients
• Advises team on matters affecting project success, schedule and cost impacts, and develops project recovery plans.
• Develop and maintain change management program
• Identify out of scope work items and create change order requests
• Review and recommend action on change order claims from designers, contractors and vendors
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Some familiarity with cost engineering methods is required
• Ability to maintain detailed schedules, ensure adherence to quality standards and maintain policies and procedures
• Experience in the identification, monitoring and reporting of project risks
• Strong communication skills is required
• Ability to develop and update schedules, create reports, and provide analysis using Microsoft Project, • • • • Primavera, Project Controls Software, Microsoft Excel and database tools
• Above average computer utilization skills
• Experience working with project management plans (PMP) and plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E)
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with Oracle based applications
• Ability to interact with several internal client groups in a professional manner
• Be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with disaster recovery projects or FEMA-funded projects
Compensation: $35.00 to $50.00 per hour, depending on qualification and experience of each applicant.*
*PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE RESPONDING. Please do not directly REPLY to this ad on CL, INSTEAD, FOLLOW the INTERNET ADDRESS towards the BOTTOM of this posting. It makes it easier for us to contact you so that we can do so in a more timely manner.
If you are interested in working with us, please follow the address below to register your availability.
If it will not click, simply highlight it and drop it into your browser and complete the registration form. The address allows you to enter your contact information in a usable form so that we have all the contact information we need to reach you. We cannot respond to emails from this site, therefore responses by emails are lost.
After you register, one of our recruiters will contact you either by PHONE or EMAIL. We may use an TEXT messaging system to broadcast new or updated information. We have offices in several states across the country so please answer ALL OUT OF TOWN PHONE NUMBERS that call you.
*Taxes, FICA, & MED, are required to be taken out per law. Anything over 40 hours is overtime.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers