30 Parallel Games is looking for a Junior Game Designer to work in their Durham office location.
QR Code Link to This Post
The ideal candidate has some previous experience as a Game Designer in the videogame industry with a strong interest in role-playing game mechanics.
• design and prototype core game systems
• create and maintain design documentation
• implement, balance and adjust gameplay features
• collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems
• follow the game through development up to its submission process
• help run and organize materials for team meetings
• comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspect of game design
• experience with designing easily understandable, yet deep game systems
• strong creative skills and ability to analyze with critical judgment gameplay systems
• open to constructive criticism and able to listen and give feedbacks to others
• task driven with problem-solving attitude
• comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on fast iterations and polish
• strong motivation and interpersonal skills
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• fluent in English.
As a plus:
• technical background in programming or scripting
• experience with 3D softwares and level building tools
• knowledge of UX Design
Candidates for this position are required to provide a personal portfolio, and a cover letter along with their resume