compensation: $15.50 - $20.00/hr Depending on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A Sanford, NC based manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer to assist in the maintenance and operation of the Company's facility and equipment.
This position offers an hourly schedule each week during the first shift, which starts at 7:00a (Monday - Friday). The position offers an hourly wage of $15.50 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Maintenance engineers are responsible for the reliability and operation of the Company's equipment and utilize a work order system to schedule routine maintenance and repairs.
Maintenance engineers work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
• Carry out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment failures;
• Diagnose breakdown problems;
• Fit new parts and make sure equipment is working correctly;
• Carry out quality inspections on jobs;
• Liaison with colleagues and other engineering and production colleagues;
• Coordinate the procurement of special fixtures, fittings or components;
• Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
• Monitor and control maintenance costs;
• Assist with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs; and be willing to work off hours to complete any emergency repairs
• Improve health and safety policies and procedures;
• Work with specialized equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines;
• Assist with developing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
• Ensure there is continuous coverage of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
Candidates must have the ability to lift/move equipment and containers weighing up to 20-30 lbs. throughout the work shift. Candidates must also wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc. Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen test administered by the company's agent. A degree is not an essential requirement for the position, but preferred candidates have a trade certificate or at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following skills:
• Electrical and electronic maintenance
• Plumbing repairs and maintenance
• HVAC / Mechanical maintenance
• Machine and parts repair, including welding, grinding, and polishing
• Chemical safety and management
The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on occasion, do repetitive tasks with few breaks. Candidates must have the ability to work in an environment that is wet and humid, with frequent temperature changes.
• Competitive Wage
• Paid Time Off / Holiday
• Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers