Senior Controls Automation Specialist - Rocky Mount Bakery
QR Code Link to This Post
You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 6 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will work with a team of approximately 15 staff members at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery in Rocky Mount, NC. As the Sr. Automation Controls Specialist, you will be involved in the creation of the various systems that drive ECB manufacturing as well as their deployment and overall monitoring. Along with collaborating to improve the layout for the production process, this position will also be actively involved as the primary oversight in the improvement of the utility systems within the space, including power sources, climate control, water, and lighting for a bakery with more than 600 total staff members that create delicious cheesecakes and memorable experiences.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it be over the phone or in person.
- A skilled problem solver: you take action and think outside the box to find solutions and extend the application of your resources.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs and work extended hours if necessary.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better or faster?".
- Coordinate mechanical, controls, and electrical requirements for engineering project assignments.
- Oversee maintenance of plant-wide control systems.
- Collaborate in the design, revision, modification, layout, and requisition of plant machinery and equipment to ensure a steady and continuous production flow.
- Work closely with department managers to implement changes and additions to improve safety, efficiency and longevity of machinery, equipment, and facility.
- Evaluate suggestions, estimate cost, and supervise installation of new equipment/utilities.
- Consult and advise Department Managers concerning project details.
- Use ROSS Maintenance System to prepare work orders and to assist in the evaluation of maintenance efficiency in assigned areas. Actively participate in efforts to reduce maintenance costs and all operating costs in assigned areas.
- Actively initiate and participate in Lean Manufacturing principles in continuous improvement projects and teams.
- Monitor and take action on abnormal process and equipment conditions, incidents, hazards or emergencies.
- Closely monitor critical process parameters, process performance and efficiency, initiating changes necessary through work teams.
- Write reports for planning activities, relevant analysis, and provide suggestions to the Maintenance Manager.
- In conjunction with the Corporate IT Department, assist with tasks that require an onsite presence.
What we require:
About Us: Recognized as one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
- 5+ years of experience in the field of automation/controls/electronics.
- Strong knowledge in regulatory compliance including: Federal Department of Agriculture (FDA), American Institute of Bakers (AIB), Environmental Protection agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA), Safety Quality Food standards (SQF).
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and Logix500.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify problems and break down complex concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices.
- Flexibility to work various shifts as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.