Party City, The World's Largest Party Supply Retailer, has immediate openings in our Durham location. We are looking for dependable, energetic people who want to work in a fun, fast paced environment. Apply in Person.
Cashier - Full Time/Part Time
Apply in person at the following locations:
Party City of Durham
5402 New Hope Commons Drive
New Hope Commons Shopping Center
The Cashier is responsible for ensuring our customers have a positive shopping experience. The Cashier must actively strive to create a customer-focused shopping environment. The Cashier welcomes customers with a friendly greeting and eye contact, ensures proper merchandise presentation, operates the cash register in accordance with policies and procedures, maintains a clean work area at all times and treats fellow associates with courtesy and respect. The Cashier also provides customer service according to all customer service guidelines. The Cashier may be required to work in various store functions including but not limited to, Front End, Fitting Room, Stock Room , Customer Service, Markdowns, Recovery/Cleanup, Cashiering, Merchandising, etc. The Cashier is expected to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours, and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas of the store as business needs require. The Cashier may be requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help achieve our customer service and operational goals.
• Demonstrates TRUE courtesy, respect, friendliness, and professionalism at all times by following our WE HELP Program.
• Provides prompt and efficient responses to customers at all times. Understands Customer Service as a number one priority and responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of Management when needed.
• Takes accurate markdowns, counts and inventories as scheduled.
• Cross-performs in all assigned areas to ensure that merchandising, labeling and presentation are to company standards. This includes processing and bringing new freight to the sales floor using company best practices and meeting productivity standards, merchandising all items to the Zone Owner Program and maintaining familiarity within departments to assist customers. Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
• Performs daily recovery and light cleaning tasks to ensure a neat, clean and organized store and restrooms.
• Assist customers in any way necessary - register-trained, assist customers with merchandise, answers customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all customers with a smile and "hello" throughout the store as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction. Processes register transactions following company best practices and meeting productivity standards.
• Understands all Customer Service programs and Best Practices including the WE HELP Program and the Zone Owner Program.
• Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with associates and customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
• Maintains a high level of awareness and customer contact on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
• Maintains a safe working and shopping environment for Associates and customers. Reports any unsafe conditions or practices to store management; follows company best practices to minimize risk, losses to the company, and/or theft.
• Understands all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders.
• Follows all policies related to associate purchases.
• Follows company scheduling and timekeeping policies and practices.
• Integrity and Trust
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Action Oriented
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Effectively communicate with customers, associates and Supervisory Staff in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner, whether it be in person, by phone or in writing.
• Ability to use all store equipment, including handheld scanners, registers and PC as required.
• Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the store.
• Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
• Ability to regularly reach above shoulders and overhead.
• Ability to repetitively grip, pinch and perform fine manipulation activities with both hands.
• Ability to regularly push, pull and lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and carry more than 20 pounds. For example, but not limited to, working with carts of stock, ladders.
• Ability to use cleaning equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
• Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
• Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
• Associates who work stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly push, pull, lift and carry more than 20 pounds
• Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives.
We offer an excellent benefits package for Full Time employees including:Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Basic Life, Vacation Time, Personal Days, Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan.
Part time hours are flexible nights and weekends. Immediate 30% employee discount. Apply in person. EOE.*Successful background screening is required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers