The Whitestone Group
QR Code Link to This Post
Job ID: 2019-2023
# of Openings: 10
8710_EPA - Durham, NC
The Whitestone Group Inc. is an industry leading security company providing services to the U.S. Government with an international presence. The company is currently seeking to hire candidates for a federal contract.
*Please note that we do not accept phone calls or faxes at the corporate office regarding employment at this time. A field hiring manager will contact you if interested in pursuing your application for employment.
All guards must interact with facility employees, and visitors. While these interactions must be accomplished to ensure security, i.e., without compromise, they must also be done in a professional and courteous manner. Guards must treat facility employees and visitors with respect, without any inappropriate mannerisms, remarks or gestures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience which clearly demonstrates the employee has been regularly employed in duties of a similar nature. Any employee shall meet NC PPSB licensing requirements, and be fully capable of protecting property against the hazards of fire, theft, damage, accident, or trespass; maintaining law and order; protecting lives; or other duties as required herein of a similar nature. A minimum of two (2) years active duty in any branch of the United States Armed Services will be accepted in the place of one (1) year work experience requirement. Employees shall provide a DD-214 as part of their application of employment for those claiming the two (2) years active duty.
SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Each armed employee must be licensed to carry a firearm and have a PPSB card by the State of North Carolina in accordance with the N.C. Private Protective Services Board.
- Guards should be proficient enough with a firearm to pass the range qualification with a firearm the first time. This also is a requirement of new hires getting a new NC PPSB license.
- No individual shall be armed with a weapon, pepper spray or hand cuffs prior to meeting the NC PPSB qualifications for their use.
- All employees will be required to obtain a Federal PIV ID badge in accordance to HSPD-12.
- In addition to holding a current NC PPSB Armed Security Officer Card, individuals must possess the ability to pass additional training and testing including but not limited to; CPR, First Aid, OC, Handcuffing, x-ray magnetometer
- At least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must be a US citizen
- Possess a valid North Carolina State driver's license and be legally able to work in the United States of America
- Able to pass a physical exam/drug screen and a federal background investigation
- Must have a clean criminal and financial background/record.
- All security force personnel must be in good health, without mental or physical defects or abnormalities which will interfere with performance of arduous duties, or the exercise of prudent judgment in difficult and trying circumstances
- Be literate to the extent of basic computer skills, reading and understanding English, printed regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions and material, and be able to compose brief, factual reports which convey complete information
- In addition all employees will be dealing with and have access to sensitive information and will therefore be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER- Minority/Female/Veteran/Protected Veteran/Disabled
• Location: Durham, (RTP) North Carolina