compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
IT Help Desk Technician
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm with locations in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design, and our employees are what makes McAdams different! We bring “experiences” to the forefront of everything we do, and to do that takes special people.
McAdams’ Information Technology group is searching for a flexible, dependable and proactive candidate to join their Durham team. Serving as hardware and software support for all five McAdams locations (in both North Carolina and Texas), McAdams’ IT team is known for their responsiveness and ability to problem-solve under pressure.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
• Ensure smooth and efficient performance of all IT systems (hardware and software) at all locations
• Maintain Full knowledge of Firm's computer policies and procedures
• Maintain Windows server and desktop operation system infrastructure
• Demonstrate exceptional Computer and Network hardware troubleshooting skills; provide expert technical
support to computer users
• Maintain audio visual technologies to ensure smooth operation and performance of Firm's conference rooms
• Maintain network printers and VoIP phone system
• Coordinate with IT Director for building access and security
• Set up remote access options and assist with troubleshooting
• Log all IT issues into Helpdesk ticketing system; maintain ticketing system for consistency and
knowledge base accuracy; respond to tickets quickly
• Assist new hires with orientation and office setup
• Train all firm personnel on computer operations when requested
• Interact with internal clients daily to see and understand their IT problems
• Communicate frequently with other team members to solve problems quickly
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication
• Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 2-4 years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education or experience
• Office 365 Administration
• Experience working in a mid-size firm (200-500 employees)
• Autodesk product knowledge
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. McAdams does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
We participate in E-Verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers