Do you have a knack for explaining things? Do you enjoy creating video, graphics, and written tutorials? GCFGlobal (edu.gcfglobal.org) is looking for an instructional designer to help us expand our online learning content. In this position, you'll be part of an organization that provides free technology, reading, and math education to more than 20 million people each year. You'll work with a team to create screencasts, video tutorials, and written lessons for a global audience of adult learners.
The team at GCFGlobal enjoys a culture of learning, creativity, and experimentation, coupled with the knowledge that their work impacts millions of learners every year. If you are interested in making a difference and enjoying what you do, your talents have a home with us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Instructional Design: Plan and design a wide variety of learning content. Collaborate and brainstorm to develop new ideas.
• Video Creation: Write scripts, record, and edit videos, which may include screencasts, live action, and animation. Use your creativity and experience to figure out the best way to teach concepts in a simple and engaging way.
• Writing and Editing: Research, outline, and write lessons for a wide range of topics.
• Graphics: Create screenshots and other images to accompany written lessons. Use Photoshop to edit images as needed.
• Voice Acting: Narrate text and provide live action and voice acting to produce video and audio content.
Successful candidates will have:
• At least two years of related experience.
• Proven ability to explain ideas clearly though video content. Some video and/or audio editing experience is preferred.
• Ability to write for a variety of audiences, including non-native English speakers and low-literacy adults. Educational or web writing experience is a plus.
• Experience or a demonstrated strong interest in education. Formal teaching experience is not required.
• General computer and technology skills, and a willingness to learn new software. Basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
• Familiarity and competency with graphics and productivity software, including Photoshop and Microsoft Office. Experience with industry standard instructional design and multimedia production software. Knowledge of Camtasia and After Effects a plus.
Permanent, full-time, salaried onsite position located in downtown Raleigh - no telecommuting available. $48,000/year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and retirement.
Please email cover letter, resume, and links to relevant video samples of your work (for example: a screencast, live-action video, or voiceover/narration) no later than January 23, 2019.
No telephone calls please. EOE/Drug-free workplace.
About Raleigh, North Carolina
The Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina is routinely listed as one of the best areas to live and work in America. In 2018 alone Raleigh was ranked #2 on the list of best places for business and careers (Forbes), #2 best city to live in right now (Money Magazine), and #2 among the best-performing cities in the US (Milken Institute).
As a worldwide leader in free, online education, GCFGlobal.org has experienced explosive growth over the past few years. We are a leading provider of quality online education, delivered to a global audience completely free of charge. Since 1992, GCFGlobal.org has served more than 105 million people around the world.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities